Give your leftovers new life with this fast, healthy and easy recipe. A simple bacon-mustard vinaigrette dresses up romaine lettuce and shredded rotisserie chicken for an easy and satisfying meal.
Share with us any of your favorite leftover chicken meals!
Grilled Chicken Salad
What you need:
- 4 slice(s) bacon, each cut in half
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag(s) (9 ounces) cut hearts of romaine
- 2 cup(s) (about 10 ounces) shredded skinless rotisserie chicken meat
What to do:
- In a saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat for 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings from saucepan.
- Add vinegar, Dijon, oil, salt, and pepper to drippings in saucepan, whisk well and heat to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Place romaine in large serving bowl. Pour hot dressing over romaine; toss until coated. Add chicken and toss until well mixed. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad.