Still sorting out Fourth of July plans? Well, luckily for you, the Washington, D.C. area is arguably the most patriotic place in America to celebrate Independence Day! From amazing musical performances to spectacular fireworks, there’s more than enough fun to fill the day. Here are three events that we are most looking forward to!
If you’re looking for the quintessential Fourth of July experience, be sure to check out America’s National Independence Day Parade at 11:45 a.m. on Constitution Avenue and 7th Street NW. This parade features marching bands from all over the country, patriotic floats, and military and special units. Plan to arrive early to stake out a good viewing spot, as the parade draws a large crowd!
What would the Fourth of July be without some live music? A Fourth of July tradition in the nation’s capital, the Capitol Fourth Concert features the National Symphony Orchestra and several pop artists performing patriotic music on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol Building. Again, get there early because the place fills up fast! Gates for the concert open at 3 p.m.
Finally, there’s no Fourth of July without some breathtaking fireworks to conclude the day! In order to satisfy your fireworks fix, head over to the National Mall for DC’s Fireworks Spectacular on the National Mall. At dark, fireworks are launched from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool and light up the sky over the Washington Monument. If you’re looking for a unique view of the fireworks, try a boat cruise or book a hotel with a rooftop view!
From all of us here at Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, have a fun and safe Fourth of July!
It’s that time of year again! Summer is knocking on the door and that means it is officially pool party season. At Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, we know how great a pool party with the family and friends can be so we decided to provide you with a few quick-and-easy recipes to plan the absolute perfect pool party!
- 4 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Tortilla chips (for serving)
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. With a fork, gently mash until guacamole reaches desired consistency. Season with coarse salt. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 wide strips orange zest
- 12 ounces watermelon cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup white or silver tequila
- Lime wedges
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, and orange zest to boil over high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Let syrup cool in a bowl. In a blender, puree watermelon cubes until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on solids, into a pitcher (you should have about 1 cup juice). Stir in syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Fill salt-rimmed glasses with ice, then pour margarita mixture over top. Garnish with lime wedges.
Dad’s big day is fast approaching and here at Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, family is everything to us. So with Father’s Day just around the corner, we thought we’d cook up something extra special for the occasion!
Take some time this year to prepare for Father’s Day and thank dad for all he’s done with a gift he’ll actually love. This year you can bring Copper Canyon or Stanford Grill to your Dad with our Father’s Day to-go menu!
Don’t all Dads truly just want a delicious meal and relaxation on their big day? This year, give your dad both by bringing him his favorite Blue Ridge Group Restaurant meal! Our menu selections include favorites like the Fiesta Eggrolls, Spinach Dip and the Stanford Club.