It’s that time of year again! Summer is knocking on the door and that means it is officially pool party season. At Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, we know how great a pool party with the family and friends can be so we decided to provide you with a few quick-and-easy recipes to plan the absolute perfect pool party!
- 4 avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Tortilla chips (for serving)
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, cilantro, and fresh lime juice. With a fork, gently mash until guacamole reaches desired consistency. Season with coarse salt. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 wide strips orange zest
- 12 ounces watermelon cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup white or silver tequila
- Lime wedges
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, and orange zest to boil over high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Let syrup cool in a bowl. In a blender, puree watermelon cubes until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on solids, into a pitcher (you should have about 1 cup juice). Stir in syrup, lime juice, and tequila. Fill salt-rimmed glasses with ice, then pour margarita mixture over top. Garnish with lime wedges.