On Tuesday, July 22, 2014, Blueridge Restaurant Group embarked on the ultimate quest to find the best talent behind the bars with Rocky and Lawrence of Stanford Grill against Mike and Dana of Copper Canyon Grill. The event was held at Copper Canyon Grill Gatihersburg, MD, on the four seasons patio, 100 Boardwalk Place, Gaithersburg, MD.
Executive Chef, Anthony Peake created a three course small plates menu for the event and the competing bartenders paired each dish with a cocktail of their choice centered around three spirits; Vodka, Gin, and Rum. Woodfire Club members voted for their favorite pairing as well as the all-around winner.
Congratulations to Copper Canyon Grill with honorable mention to Mike and Dana for winning the all-around contest. Winning cocktails; Xtra Stormy, Black Raspberry Pomegranate Martini and Not Grannies Gimlet will be featured at all Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill locations for the month of July.
Blueridge Restaurant Group is the management company for Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill.
During the summer, kids playing outside all day can really work up an appetite. Satisfy your kids cravings between meals with this easy summer snack idea!
Perfect for a tea party or spring picnic with your little ones, just bring bite-sized pieces of Rice Krispies Treats onto skewers with your favorite fresh fruits!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows OR 4 cups JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 32 pieces of fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, grapes, etc.
- 16 (12-inch-long) wooden skewers
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Alternately thread cereal squares and fruit onto skewers. Best if served the same day.
One of our favorite days of the week is Friday, and not just because it’s the start of the weekend, but also because our Sunday brunch is only an arm’s length away! If you have visited Stanford Grill or any of our Copper Canyon Grills, you have probably come face to face with our delicious Eggs Benedict! It’s so hard to resist once that savory hollandaise aroma hits your nose…
If it is difficult to get our Eggs Benedict off your mind after giving it a little taste, have no fear because today we would like to share with you a quick-and-easy recipe to make your very own at home!
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 large fre range eggs
2 toasting muffins
1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
4 slices Parma ham
1. Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 liters) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
2. Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round an set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirilng the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.
Easy, right? Enjoy!
There’s something extra special about the festivities of July Fourth. At Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, we are so very excited for all that the day has to bring! We also know that creating the perfect American summer soiree can be a challenge. So, we have decided to provide you with a few helpful new and unpredictable entertaining ideas to make any gathering both patriotic and practical.
Instantly turn sparklers into placeholders or party favors with ribbon and paper tags. Once the sparklers are removed from their packaging, bunch them up, then tie them together with red, white and blue ribbon. Before tying and curling the ribbon ends with scissors, slide a hole-punched paper tag through one of the strands with your guests’ names proudly on display.
Rustic Flag Centerpiece
Buy small paper or cloth flags, remove their sticks and attach them to small pieces of driftwood or branches instead. Set them inside a tall glass urn or vase with shells in the base to anchor them.
From everyone at Copper Canyon Grill and Stanford Grill, have an amazingly fun and safe Fourth of July!