During the summer, kids playing outside all day can really work up an appetite. Satisfy your kids cravings between meals with this easy summer snack idea!
Perfect for a tea party or spring picnic with your little ones, just bring bite-sized pieces of Rice Krispies Treats onto skewers with your favorite fresh fruits!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows OR 4 cups JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- 32 pieces of fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, grapes, etc.
- 16 (12-inch-long) wooden skewers
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Alternately thread cereal squares and fruit onto skewers. Best if served the same day.