We’re known for our French Press coffee here at Stanford Grill and Copper Canyon Grill and we know nothing beats a hot cup of coffee, freshly brewed just the way you like it. We’re here to share our secrets of to how to make the perfect French Press at home!
- Start with freshly roasted beans. The best coffee always starts with whole beans, ground up right before you’re ready to get brewin’.
- Coarse grind the beans. Finely ground coffee is too small for the French Press filter and because the coffee grounds are immersed in water for about 4 minutes the coarser ground beans are definitely the best method to making the perfect cup.
- Measure out your coffee and water. Depending on how strong you prefer your coffee, one heaping tablespoon per 8 ounces of water is a good starting point. If you like a bolder brew, add a little extra coffee in there. 😉
- Heat up the measured water to around 200 degrees Fahrenheit, or bring to boil for 30 seconds.
- Pour the measured ground coffee into the French Press.
- Pour just enough of the hot water into the Press to wet the grinds and let it sit for 30 seconds. This will allow the flavor to “Bloom” giving your coffee a rich aroma and flavor to enjoy.
- Pour the remaining hot water in, stir and place the lid over. Don’t filter out the coffee just yet, set a timer for 4 minutes and let your coffee brew!
- Once the time is up, slowly press the plunger down. This allows the grounds to be filtered out of your soon-to-be perfect cup. Pour immediately into your mug and enjoy!
Of course, in case you can’t wait to give it a try for yourself, our wonderful staff here at Stanford Grill and Copper Canyon are always ready to pour you the perfect cup in house while you dine with us!
Love is in the air and we’re counting the days until Valentine’s Day next week!
Treat your loved ones to Stanford Grill and Copper Canyon Grill to celebrate the day of romance with us. Whether you’re sharing a drink with someone at the bar or sitting down for an evening out, make this year special, just remember to make reservations!
Let one of our skilled bartenders create a beautiful cocktail to help set the mood while you dine with your date. Start celebrating earlier in the day during our happy hour & enjoy food and drink specials at our Orlando, Gaithersburg and Glenarden Copper Canyon locations and Stanford Grill in Rockville.
In addition to our full menu, we’ll be offering up specials all week long for the romantic occasion. Enjoy, celebrate and indulge in our house favorites on Tuesday. We recommend our New York Strip, 16 oz. hand cut New York strip topped with a Maître D’ butter and paired with creamy redskin mashed potatoes and fresh green beans from Stanford Grill!
Even though it’s a holiday classic for Valentine’s Day, the way to anyone’s heart isn’t a box of chocolates, it’s through our Chocolate Uprising. Towered high and overflowing with decadent chocolate, splitting one at the end of the night is sure to impress your date.
We hope you have a happy Valentine’s Day this year!
Throughout the work week it’s easy to fall into a routine and just grab the closest thing to you for lunch, but we’re here for your mid-day break. Take a break, or head over for a lunch meeting and enjoy our newly expanded lunch menu at Stanford Grill in Rockville!
From our new crowd-pleasers like the Reuben Sandwich to our classic Wood Grilled Steak Salad, there’s sure to be something on the menu to satisfy your cravings. If you’re looking for a bold meal that’ll get you through the rest of the day, then our Wood Grilled Steak Salad is definitely made for you. Handcrafted with a seared filet over mixed greens, croutons, crisp red onions, asian pear, tomatoes & a smoked gouda. We top our salad with a house made honey-sesame vinaigrette dressing and serve it with our famous corn bread.
Looking for the perfect place to bring your clients while discussing business? Bring them on over, with modern and upscale decor your clients are sure to enjoy their experience dining at Stanford Grill with us.
In addition to our new lunch menu, we’re still running our half-price sushi promotion! Enjoy our selection of freshly prepared sushi on Mondays and Tuesdays for half the price. With a deal so good, it’s worth sneaking out for your lunch break and joining us in Rockville.