Did you know that today is Homemade Bread Day? This is the season of baked goods, warmth, and sharing these with our loved ones. We are very proud of our in-house bakery at Stanford Grill in Rockville (learn more about our bakery here!). It is there where we have our skilled Bakers make all the delicious pieces of bread you enjoy in so many of our dishes. This fall season, we have added two new additions to our bread repertoire.
The first is a Brioche Baguette that you can enjoy in both our Crispy Chicken Sandwich and Veggie Club Sandwich. It is made with whole butter and eggs adding a comforting richness to the bread that compliments these sandwiches very well.
The second one screams fall, and it is a Pumpkin Spice Roll. Our bakery makes this seasonal treat with the use of roasted pumpkin purée, toasted pecans, and autumnal spices. All pumpkin-flavor lovers will want to come in and try it before it’s gone or try their hand at making it at home. Thanksgiving, anyone? Here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Spice Rolls
- Mix together the yeast and the water and allow to sit for approximately ten minutes, until frothy on top.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients by hand until a light and slightly sticky dough forms.
- Allow the dough to rest for thirty minutes in a bowl with a damp cloth towel on top.
- Punch the dough down, and then allow to sit for another thirty minutes with a damp cloth on top.
- Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured tabletop.
- Portion the dough into two ounce portions and shape the portions into balls leaving two inches of space between the rolls.
- sprinkle the rolls with a liberal amount of the raw sugar atop each one.
- Bake the rolls in a 400-degree oven for approximately twelve minutes.
- Allow to cool on the rack and enjoy!
Like the saying goes: “Mi casa, es su casa”. Make a reservation today to visit us at Stanford Grill in Rockville to warm your belly and heart with our selection of homemade bread. Still figuring out Thanksgiving? Order from our holiday-to-go menu and host a feast at home with the help of our chefs (find more information on menu and how to order here!). Happy holidays and we can’t wait to have you over at Stanford Grill!