When summer rolls around, we all try to eat a little healthier and start to crave fresh, vibrant fruits and vegetables again. At Copper Canyon Grill & Stanford Grill, we pride ourselves on creating dishes where the best produce and meats and come together to produce comfort food that is unforgettable!
We all know that fruits & vegetables are good for you, but here are a few little-known facts that you might not have been aware of about our green friends!
– Did you know that eating asparagus can actually make you happier? This stalky vegetable contains Vitamin C and has been proven to raise folic acid levels, which are linked to easing depression.
– Basil has been said to help with stomach cramps, digestion, anxiety, and headaches. In some cultures, it is seen as a symbol of young love.
– Green onions have nutrients that lend to bone, eye, heart, and immune system health.
– Leafy greens have a ton of health benefits! Not only do they help you stay young, they also lower cholesterol, help your vision, give you energy, and can even help in some cases of cancer prevention.
– An apple a day rings true: with it’s natural fructose content, an apple will actually wake you up better than a cup of coffee – without the crash.
Join us for lunch or dinner and ask your server about their favorite fruits and veggies on our menu! Back to the basics – eat well at Copper Canyon & Stanford Grill!